PRP HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a non-surgical, natural therapy to stimulate hair regrowth, best used to treat thinning hair by slowing down or stopping the progression of hair loss.
PRP therapy can treat both male and female pattern baldness as it encourages the growth of existing hair follicles, naturally simulating hair growth. Your hair will appear fuller and healthier without resorting to invasive surgical procedures.
Hair loss can be greatly distressing and have a negative impact on your self-esteem.
The PRP treatment does more than provide you with a naturally growing head of hair; it can help restore your self-esteem and confidence.
Why choose PRP for hair loss?
Hair loss is generally caused by a lack of cell renewal in the scalp, making PRP the ideal treatment as it naturally stimulates the production of healthy new cells. PRP provides safe, effective and reliable results and has a rapid recovery period. Only a small amount of blood is taken, usually from the arm, as in a routine blood test, using local anesthesia, so you experience very minimal discomfort. PRP hair treatment provides effective, lasting results with a high success rate.
What can PRP achieve?
- Fuller and healthier natural-looking hair
- Significantly increases hair regrowth
- Stimulates production of new healthy cells
- Decreased hair dystrophy and burning or itching sensation
Before your PRP treatment you will be invited to an initial consultation to:
- Discuss your circumstances
- Undergo an examination of your hair and scalp, along with a medical history check
- Receive a health evaluation to define the cause of your hair loss and develop a treatment plan
- Have an opportunity to ask advice and pose questions
- Discuss options that are available to you, including costs and timelines
- Learn more about the PRP procedure
- Ask about risks, benefits and alternatives to PRP therapy
The Hair Loss Restoration Procedure
PRP is prepared by drawing 30 to 60 ml of your own blood from your arm
- The blood is then placed in a centrifuge which spins and separates the platelets from the rest of the blood components
- 3 to 6 ml of platelet-rich plasma will then be extracted
- The concentrated and growth hormone-rich platelets are injected into the areas of the scalp that need increased hair growth via micro injections
- PRP treatment will commonly last between 30 and 60 minutes
After your PRP Hair loss Treatment procedure
There is no downtime for PRP therapy, so you can immediately return to your normal daily routine.
The results can usually be seen two to three months post-treatment. Depending on the type and extent of your hair loss, PRP hair restoration therapy is usually recommended as a course of 3 to 6 treatments, spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Then, depending on your individual needs, a maintenance session once a year is usually recommended.
Vita Cosmetic & Laser Clinic offers PRP for hair loss restoration. Contact us us at 416-639-1882 to schedule a free consultation.